Darlene Berliner is a versatile Human Resource leader with comprehensive experience facilitating organizational change. Proficient in all functional areas of Human Resource management with emphasis on employee relations, performance management and succession planning, conflict resolution, compensation, talent acquisition and retention, training and development, and benefits administration. Proven success collaborating with management at all levels to implement HR strategies aligning human capital leadership with overall company strategic plans.
Director of Human Resources
RediClinic – Houston, TX
August 2015 to March 2017
- Responsible for full cycle human capital management of both corporate personnel and retail healthcare clinical personnel located in one hundred clinics within twenty states nationwide.
- Developed and implemented strategies for succession planning, employee retention, career advancement, training and professional development.
- Collaborated with management to facilitate overall Human Resource delivery in support of Company strategies, and goals and objectives such as performance evaluation, performance feedback, and setting performance and behavioral expectations.
- Designed an equitable, defensible, fiscally sensitive, organizational compensation philosophy and implemented the appropriate compensation administration program.
- Instituted a wage and compensation study resulting in comprehensive job evaluations, formal job descriptions, wage and salary structures, and pay policies.
- Facilitated the proper identification and selection of all new Company personnel.
- Created the HR Score Card which identified the key HR Deliverables and processes impacting the company’s overall business strategy, and examined the effectiveness of those deliverables as executed.
- Initiated the first Employee Satisfaction Survey and improved upon employee engagement.
- Coordinated both exit and stay interviews to determine reasons behind separation and aligned recruitment and retention policies with the CEO’s organizational strategy.
- Managed all corporate and field training initiatives, including orientation, leadership, new manager, sensitivity and sexual harassment awareness training.
- Initiated and maintained employee handbook and policy and procedures manual.
- Represented the organization in personnel related hearings and investigations.
Director of Human Resources
Zeno Manufacturing –Houston, TX
August 2011 to December 2014
- Served as a workforce and people management expert for global manufacturing company, with facilities in the United States, Canada, South America and Taiwan.
- Developed and implemented a strategic staffing plan for both production and non-production positions that supported the business goals.
- Provided proactive employee relations guidance to resolve people issues and ensure organizational compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Coordinated benefit, compensation and reward and recognition programs.
- Collaborated with business leaders to develop the vision for critical resolution to organizational human capital challenges.
- Identified opportunities to provide Human Resource business solutions that maximized return on investment for the organization.
- Initiated talent management programs such that performance, pay, reward and recognition programs were appropriately aligned.
- Supervised Human Resources investigations with legal counsel.
- Effectuated programs and policies that allowed the Company to attract and retain employees, as well as drive high productivity and morale.
- Excelled in conflict resolution to support the effectiveness of the entire Company
Manager of Human Resources
Fugro-McClelland Marine Geosciences –Houston, TX
April 2008 to July 2011
- Directed and supervised the U.S. corporate and field activities of the Human Resource function with global, multi-site responsibility for staff in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Reviewed and updated Human Resources department policy and procedure.
- Conferred with all corporate and field leaders to assist the organization in the proper execution of Human Resource policy and procedure and ensured Company compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Acted as the regional Human Resources lead during mergers and acquisitions
- Liaised with field region Human Resources Generalist to ensure the consistent interpretation and application of Human Resources policy and procedure.
- Organized the appropriate employee orientation and performance appraisal processes.
- Developed and administered department reporting, including but not limited to EEO-1 and Affirmative Action.
- Conducted annual audit of Human Resource functions.
- Facilitated the succession planning process at both the corporate and regional levels.
- Recommended new approaches to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed.
- Represented the Company in all personnel claims regarding Jones Act issues, Unemployment Compensation, Workman’s Compensation or other EEO and civil litigation issues.
- Managed compensation and benefits integration for mergers and acquisitions.
- Researched, designed and implemented effective methods to educate, enhance, and recognize performance.
- Administered the acquisition of visa and relocation details for personnel entering and exiting the U.S.
Director of Human Resources
Fastrack Copier Services – Houston, TX
November 2000 to April 2008
- Maintained responsibility for the overall and continued success of the Human Resource department.
- Executed full cycle staffing and recruiting strategies and initiatives with ensured the identification of proficient candidates across functional areas of responsibility.
- Provided appropriate Human Resource policy and consistent practices consultation to management.
- Initiated, implemented and maintained the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborated with executive management in defining and maintaining company culture.
- Served as a subject matter expert in employee relations and employment laws and practices including, but not limited to, EEO and DOL regulations.
- Represented the organization at all personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Guided and oversaw the benefits administration process which included the identification and evaluation of outside service providers, negotiating contract terms and conditions as well as directing the design and development of necessary employee services.
- Initiated and administered training and development programs.
- Structured and performed the exit interview process.
Education & Certifications
M.B.A., Business Administration
Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX
Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
SPHR Certification (Senior Professional Human Resources)
Human Resource Certification Institute
SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional)
Society of Human Resources Management